Do you tell many that you love them?

Do you tell the ones in your life that you love them? My DH tells me it so often as does my youngest Daughter turning 25 soon! I do Tell it often to my 3 year old Grandson & his 1 year old Brother! I do find it hard to do to others.. But life is short & I should do it more! Do you? Do you love hearing it often? Or wish you heard it more? How Can I say it more? I do mean it!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 3:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• The kids, my husband and I make it policy not to leave the house or the car without saying it to each other. Like when I get dropped off at work, or my son gets dropped off at school, I love yous are said. My family, my husband's family, are all really big on it. In fact, we say it so much that my daughter says "Love" back and she is 13 months.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Those who I say it too know and understand the depth of love between myself and the person no matter how often it's said or where etc. My oldest is just about 25 years old too. Actions are love as much as the word. What's more important in my house being married 30 years is to show love with kindness and respect. Love is ultimately respect, right? If it's not said real real often has it been shown very often? That's really what's the most important in this world. Showing respect and talking about it too.
    Anonymous

• yes I say it to my kids and grandkids and other family members but not to SO. He hates mush so I just tell him every time he leaves that I think he rocks. He gets the message. He's military and I worry that some day I will get that notice that he's never coming back. You are right. Life is short. Live each day as though it were the last and the world would be a nicer place. (jmho)

Answer by admckenzie at 3:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I show my family that I love them.
    GIANT bear hugs and a good conversation with my ailing grandparents almost seems a better way to say I love you.
    I send cards full of pictures and such.
    My SO gets an email everyday of the various things my daughter and I do everyday (he's away for work) along with pictures and videos.
    I do though tell my daughter every moment I think of it to say I love her. One day she'll grow up and I'll be sitting here wondering where my baby went lol
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i should probably say it more but i don't. never really got that from my family growing up.so don't feel like i know how, although i tell my daughter lots. just not the rest of my family. weird.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't tell my own mother i love her! Even though i do. I can say it to anyone else though. I think it's the way she treated me growing up. I was the tough one, the one who didn't have feelings, the one who didn't care.
    Anonymous

• My husband hears it so often he's probably sick of it by now! lol But he never says anything negative about it. I'm just so crazy about him that I can't hide it. He's also a truck driver, and having lost my mother to a car accident as a child, I always think of that when he has to go out. I've said a number of times that I don't want to have regrets about NOT saying it should something happen to either of us. I've also gotten to where I tell others I love them more for that same reason.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My husband and I say I love you every time we hang up the phone, when one of us leaves the house and when we go to bed at night. I tell my parents, my father in law, my brothers and my niece that I love them every time I talk to them. I also have some close friends that I say it to when I talk to them.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2009