eating tuna while pregnant?

so this is my 3rd pregnancy and my other ones I was cautious, but I still had tuna fish... I just limited the amount of times I ate it. Well now I'm on wic and I get tuna fish because I'm breastfeeding, but I don't know if I should stop eating it. When I just made it right now it takes a little bit like metal. Also, last night I drink watered down apple juice and it tastes alcohol. It wasn't bad or anything but it was weird, I felt like it was wine. (I'm about 6 weeks along btw)

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's common for food to taste off when you're pregnant, particularly metallic tastes. A lot of pregnant women experience a metallic taste. Tuna is very good for you during pregnancy, just limit it to 2 servings per week.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Doctors say you can safely have 1 serving of tuna a week. So go ahead..
    About the taste changes... you could be getting sick, sometimes it will mess with your taste buds!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You can eat tuna if i am right there is a certain kind you shouldnt have too much of, if it isn't solid white i think you are fine because i only eat solid white tuna (picky) and when i was prego i had to limit myself...metallic taste is normal, i used to really taste it when i ate with a spoon? so don't worry about that, your taste buds are in overdrive now, the farther along you are, food will taste better than it ever has before! sigh i really miss that!
    december911

Answer by december911 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009