What religion Besides your own do you have the most respect for??

This one should be fun...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Tough question. I don't know that I have respect so much for religion as I do for people who are sincere and dedicated in their efforts towards spiritual development. So, to that end, you could worship Papa Smurf for all I care, but if you do it purely and with sincere intent, I respect that.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't respect religion when it is ruined with horrible dogma and stupid rules.
    Anonymous

• It isn't the religion per say, I respect people who have a belief and no matter what happens they don't waiver on them. What I don't respect is a person or people knocking other religions just because it is different from what they believe.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Personally, I am Pagan as you all know. But I would have to say I have the most respect for Jehovah's Witnesses... Although they are seen as strange and rather the unpopular child of Christianity they are known for holding fast to their beliefs among all types of trials and tribulations. Many of them even stood fast in their beliefs through our Nazi Germany when all they would have had to do was denounce to be free... The didn't.

Besides their pride in their beliefs and steadfastness, they actually live each and every day the way they feel is dictated to them in the bible. They do their best to follow the path that Jesus and the origional Christians left for them and they do not waiver.

Although I don't agree with their beliefs or teachings I have great respect for them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Toss up between Hinduism and Buddhism(what I know of them anyway. I admit to not being an expert in either).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have a lot of respect for Buddhism. I feel I can use many of their teachings in my own life. If you look at the Buddhist scriptures and the New Testament, you will see many many parallels between the teachings of Buddha and Christ.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• SOME muslim people. They are extremely dedicated with their 5 a day prayers and the meekness and humility of many. I think alot of the "wear" their faith beautifully. And I'm a Christian.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't believe in religion as a whole BUT as far as a religion I probably have the most respect for Judaism.
    I have the MOST respect for anyone that actually looks for answers to their religious questions instead of only looking in one area or just believing what they were taught. You can't just focus on one religion if you really want to be spiritually aware (IMO).
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Polyganism..........they're lucky they get to share their husband with other wives, which would cut down withmy stress
    Anonymous

• Catholic,,,,,,,,,,they seem like good people and the priests are hot
    Anonymous