im about to freak out -plz no bashing-

ok so my little girl is a week old
and my room is the living room right now so i have her crib set up and everything
well my sister had a kid 6 months ago and everyone was all ways quit and not loud so they did not wake her baby up
right after i got my little on to fall a sleep and stop crying
my sister and husband brough my little sister and their kid home
and started to yell and ignor her baby when she was crying
i asked them very nice to plz be quit
and they said ya wut ever and got louder
im really mad that they would disrespect me and my DD like that
im about ready to freak out and i just need some advice on how to calm down???
any would be good

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breathe, mama. Just breathe. Slow, deep breaths. I'd be ticked, too, but what's done is done now. Your baby needs you to be calm and in control of yourself, so use that as your motivation to keep your head together. Try to avoid the offenders while you're still hot. Wait until you're calmer before you approach your sister.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• tell them how u feel dont hold it it. tell them that u just got ur baby to sleep and to plese shut the hell up. good luck
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 4:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• In my opinion, I think it's good to have a lot of noise while your baby is sleeping to have her get used to it. We had the TV on, my nieces running around, and everything when our son first got home. He always slept downstairs except at night. And now, even at 6 months, he'll sleep through just about anything. Sorry it's not the advice you were looking for.....Good luck!
    Anonymous

• okay- one silver lining- babies who learn to sleep through noise can sleep anywhere! If they can only sleep in complete quiet- that can be a pain in the butt later on. Still- very irritating that they are inconsiderate!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I understand your frustrations but in a way they are doing you a favor, babies will adjust to the noises and sleep right through them, a silent room or house is not good for your baby b/c, as she gets older any noise you make in the house like the vacume cleaner , tv, washing machine or dishwasher will wake her up, this way she will learn to sleep right through them with little to no problems. Hang in there mom
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• actually take this as a blessing in diguise. With my first I insisted on quiet when he slept, which was never and I would freak out when someone came by unannounced or the phone rang or the dog next door was barking. Now that he is 2 he is a light sleeper. my second baby sleeps in the next room from my loud 2 year old. We listen to music, run the vaccume, have people over and he sleeps through anything now!! Its great to be a bit more at ease when he naps. I know what you are going through, the first baby is hard. Everything is so new, and all you want to do is the best you can. But you will find infants are great at blocking out noise....congrats to you.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I dont think that this is about noise as much as it is about the disrespect!
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 5:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2009