my little girl had a monostat test done to test for mono. how long till i get the results?

my little girl has been sick for a week now with a high fever and she has been on antibotics for strep throat. took her back to the doctor because she was no better and the doctor done a strep and monostat test. got the results from the strep but not the other . just wondering has anyone had a monostat test done and how long did it take to get the results

marzee215

Asked by marzee215 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• it should not take that long...when I had mono...so many years ago...I had it done on a Friday and I found out by Monday or sooner don't remember but it was pretty quick...but then my doctor knew I had it before he did the test...he just had to confirm it.
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2008