Are these bumps from a food allergy or something else?

So my little guy who is 4 months old (today!) went to his dad's house for the day on Wednesday. I started to notice little bumps on his stomach area. His father told me that his mother had given him baby food: applesauce and pear sauce--without my prior knowledge or approval. Could the bumps on his body be from the food, like an allergic reaction? They arent around his mouth and he does not have a fever. He isn't fussy or cranky so it doesnt look like anything is bothering him. OR since its more so on his body than face could it be from a laundry detergent that hes sensitive to or clothes that weren't washed prior to him wearing it?

I'm taking him to the doctor on Tuesday for his checkup and will obviously bring it up, I just want to know what I may be dealing with.

NewMommy630

Asked by NewMommy630 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess it's something that is coming in contact with baby's skin. But it's impossible to say, really. Apples and pears are very unlikely to cause am allergic reaction, though. It's also common babies to get a rash at the tail end of a virus.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2009