(BF Q) Do you still get contractions months after birth?

I am EBF my 5 month DD and sometimes still get strange contractions when I am feeding her. I just feel tightening in my uterus/vaginal area. Also, I have felt a few painful contractions that feel just like when I gave birth (I had back labor),in the past few months that last a few minutes then disappear. Are these normal? Neither kinds of contractions feel the same or are at the same time.

LeoneLover13

Asked by LeoneLover13 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, it's normal. And once my period returned, oh man did it suck to bf for those few days every month. Talk about adding insult to injury...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I got those for the first few weeks when I was breastfeeding.

They went away though. It probably has to do with your uterus shrinking back into shape. If they don't go away or get progressively worse, I'd call your doctor.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 5:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009