Is waiting worth it?

I have been with the guy for 2 yrs. He is talking time for himself; two weeks now, to work on himself. He is bi-polar and it taking this time to meditate and work on himself. We have making plans since Wednesday, but everyday it comes up, it always turns into tomorrow. He is actually coming up today, but tell me that he isn't sure if he is ready to fully be in our lives or it he just wants to be here for today and then take more time. Have you ever had to wait? Was it worth it and what were the results? This waiting stuff has been so hard on me and I don't want my son to get confused with him being here and then gone again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• He is bi-polar, you can't really talk reason with them. They break down this second and happy next second. You either accept who they are, help them and be there for them, or you are wasting your time and good manner.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't wait. Tell him if he needs time that is fine but you can't wait around on him. Tell him when he is "ready" to call, but you can't guarantee you will be on bored then. Cut him off completely so you aren't getting your hopes up or what not. Take time for yourself and if you meet someone else in that time, than so be it. What is the old saying "If you love something let it go, if it never comes back it was never yours" (yeah I know I ruined that LOL)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• What's wrong with being friends for a while while he works on himself? That way, you can be in each other's lives without the complications of a relationship.

My husband waited on me for over 15 years but I didn't know it. Well, maybe he didn't wait b/c he married twice and me once. However, we're together now, and it's great! We were friends all this time, and I say it's been worth it. There's a level of trust there that wouldn't have been had we been in a relationship all this time.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He knows his limitations. Don't push him. Accept him as is or cut him loose.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009