Would a baby be okay if born at 361/2 weeks?

Just wondering if you had your baby this time or know of someone who did

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My baby was born at 37 weeks on the dot and he was fine! My water broke at 36w6d.
    Anonymous

• My son was born at 36 weeks according to my calendar, and he is a grown man with a famiy of his own. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DD was born at 34 weeks and is an absolutely normal 3 year old. She did have a rough start though with breathing and weight gain, but grew out of both with time.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Many are fine at that point. Some are not. Some need assistance breathing and require NICU care. They generally won't do anything to stop labor at that point, but baby has the best chance of being born healthy and not needing intervention if it is born after 39 weeks, statistically speaking.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• When i was 36weeks my OB told me, that if there would have been a reason to give birth that early, then my baby would be absolutely fine. Every pregnant woman and baby is different though. Most babies are completely fine at 36weeks, others are not. Thats something you need to ask your OB. Its depending on the baby.

Our dd was born at 37w 6d. 100%healthy.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• my son was born at 36 weeks exactly he was due march 19th and was born feb 19th and was perfectly healthy although a little small but he was fine!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• most babies at 36wks are fine. some may need alittle help with breathing still and may be on the smaller side but they typically do really well.
    we may be having our baby at 35 weeks due to some complication and the dr has assured me that he will be just fine he may need a week or two in the nicu and i will need shots to help him develope his lungs but other then that will be good. dont stress.
    Anonymous

• Most babies born at 36 weeks do very well. Our last baby was born between 23-24 weeks and she did well. Spent 2 1/2 months in NICU but at 2 years old, she is totally perfect in every way.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes a baby can be okay born at 36 weeks, but it all depends on the baby, the lungs are still developing and plus even if you think you are 36 weeks you could be off by a few days to as much as a couple weeks....My baby was born at 37 1/2 and she was perfect, so if your baby comes at 36 weeks, or if the doctor induces then everything should be fine, but don't try homemade remedies to induce labor or anything
    december911

Answer by december911 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• a baby under 37 weeks is considered premature but that doesn't mean that something is going to be wrong with it! my niece was born at 33 weeks and she is was 8 lbs very healthy and good to go home in a matter of 3 days! some babies are not that developed .. every baby is different.

you can ask your doctor ..
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 5:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009