Which KitchenAide stand mixer do you have, and do you love it?

I'm buying a KitchenAide stand mixer today but there are a few different ones and I'm not sure which one to get.

LuvMybebe

Asked by LuvMybebe at 5:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have the classic one.. I love it, although I'd like a bowl with a handle on it.. I think the Artisan one has that. I also have the ice cream maker attachment.. awesome!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have the one with the handle on the bowl. I LOVE it. I use it the most during Christmas time when I'm baking cookies at my mom's with her and my SIL's. I just used it the other day for cookies too and it works great. I know they are a little pricey, but SO worth the money.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have the original version, not the bigger kind. I've had it for over five years and use it at least three times a week. Sometimes every day. If you are going to be making a lot of bread, I would reccommend getting a bosch. I would trade in my kitchen aide for a bosch any day!
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 7:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Though I would KILL for the professional one...I have the one below it. (The Accolade) I actually got mine for only $210.00 (THAT'S CHEAP!). Hubby and I frequent the KitchenAid website and if you check the clearance section sometimes you will find amazing deals on things. I also got an immersion blender for only $25.00 instead of $70.00. My mixer is a funky yellow orange color that I've never seen on display. (I'm thinking it was a test color that didn't sell well.) I didn't care about the color. I got an awesome mixer for so much less than it should have been. If you're not in a huge hurry to get the mixer. I"d check KitchenAide.com here for a little bit and see what turns up. It might save you some $$$ and you might get a better mixer for the price!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Hmm..... I just went and looked to see if I could find you some deals and it seems that maybe they've done away with the clearance section. I did however find this. (some rebate offers)

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/inside-kitchenaid-promotions/
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have a heavy duty Plus that I got from Kohl's for $208 or something like that. I had a 30% off if I used my Kohl's card and I wanted to get a KitchenAid mixer. I love it. I blew it out the first week though or something because it started smoking while I was mixing cookie dough..But the warranties on them are awesome and I got a brand new one Fed Ex'ed to me a few days after I called. I think it was faulty because I still make homemade bread and cookies with it and haven't blown it up yet. I love making bread on it because the dough hook cuts the kneading time out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have the Heavy Duty Plus also. I love it! I make bread at least a few times a week and I use it for alot of other things too. I got mine on sale for $199, they were clearing out the previous years stock to bring in the newest models so I got it for a great price!
    onlymikesstacia

Answer by onlymikesstacia at 11:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• what will you use it for and how often will you use it?? Do you have room to store it? How much can you afford? Will you use the attachments too??
    If you are just using it for cookie dough/cake batter etc- go with the less expensive one. If you will use it at least once a week and for heavy bread doughs and buy all the attachments and have a bigger crowd to cook for get the bigger one. however I have the smaller ( no room and no money) and attachments and useit all the time and I am happy! I have had it for almost 20 years and boughtit at K-Mart for 175$
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think mine is the older classic but the bowl has the handle on it. It is great for heavy doughs like bread and cookies and I use it alot. I would really be lost without it. Good luck finding one you will enjoy for years to come.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Mine is the classic and it is white.It was a Christmas gift,so I didn't get to choose the color's I wanted,which is yellow,copper,silver or green. For my birthday my husband bought me the pasta maker attachment.I would like to get the spill guard for it.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2009