Did you know the gender of your child before they were born?

I for sure did the moment they gave me my ultrasound and asked if I wanted to know the gender I was like "Hell yea", lol. I'd go crazy not knowing but that's jus me. My friend Leslie on the other hand wanted it to be a surprise.

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i wanted to know both times that way i could prepare lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have to know it would drive mme nuts.I found out both times & finding what I having in the summer this week.
    Jennifer_24

Answer by Jennifer_24 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My first 2 I didn't want to know. Since we already had one of each with babies #1 & 2, we did want to know with babies #3 &4. It was nice to know ahead of time so we could plan and get the nurseries ready.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i wanted to know SOOOO bad. LOL. i ran to the OB almost every week to get an ultrasound done. Just to figure out the gender. My hubby said it was a girl before we even know for sure i was pregnant. LOL.. and he was right.

I saw that pretty white/pink furniture i wanted to have so bad. princess style. They also had it in white/blue for the little prince. I just needed to know which color to order! :D haha

I was so excited about it, to figure out the gender i mean. I could have never waited until birth. haha
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yeah! We found out..I would have gone nuts not knowing. Especially since we thought we were having a boy, along with 98% of our family and friends...So we wanted to know, so we could clear the air and plan lol!

FYI..the 2% was right we did have a girl lol
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I knew, before the ultrasound, but definitely wanted the confirmation. My oldest sister has waited until the birth for all 3 of her children. I couldn't do that. I like to be prepared, but then again, she's loaded, so it's not big deal for her to go buy everything at the same time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yeah...I really wanted to know even though some ppl said don't take away the suprise. I was like the suprise will be what he looks like lol. I worked in a hospital at the time so I had my fried do an ultra sound a few good times.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 5:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• we waited until the birth
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes, we found out. I don't want to know the next time, however, my husband does, so I don't know if i'll be able to wait. My sister-in-law didn't find out for either of her two girls.
    Anonymous

• We found out as soon as we could with my first DD. With my second we decided that DH would find out and tell our families and I would wait to be surprised when she was born. My dear dear MIL decided to call me and say "are you sure it's another girl?" I was so upset and I started crying cause I really wanted to be surprised. So yes I knew with both. Although I wanted DD2 to be a surprise :( maybe next time
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2009