I have two boys and am dying to have a daughter. I have heard that if you have two children of the same sex, your chances of having a third child of the opposite sex decreases. Is this true?

kmcarter

Asked by kmcarter at 5:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I don't know for sure, but I know my uncle had 4 girls trying for a boy. But my grandparents had a boy, 2 girls, and then another boy. My other grandparents had a boy, a girl, and then 3 more boys. My ex had a daughter when I met him, and we had 2 boys. Personally, I think it's probably more just a roll of the dice...you get what you get. Good luck trying though! I hope you get your girl!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• No such rule ... it's all about probability.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• im dont think i ever heard of that i had two boys then now im pregnant with twin girls
    twinmommy1988

Answer by twinmommy1988 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I haven't a clue. But I have FOUR boys!! I wanted a girl soooo bad, but it wasn't ment to be. Most of my friends have two to four boys. I have one friend with a girl. So I hope you get your sweet little girl!!! www.sarahs4sweetboys.com
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 8:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I am not sure about that...I am having my 3rd boy...I thought I sortof had a chance of a girl since hubby's dad had two girls and one boy...but...NOPE
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i want a boy as bad as someone who cant have kids wants a baby..this is my 3rd pregnancy and my 3rd girl.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2009