Class of 2009! Is your child graduating this year?

My oldest son is graduating this June and plans to attend Duke University

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Congrats to all the graduating daughters, sons, granddaughters and grandsons!
    You all must be so proud of the adults they are becoming and the choices they have made! Great!
    My son is graduating this year, too, in June.
    Although he is an excellent student and we have had the Pre-Paid Florida Tuition Plan paid for for him since kindergarten, he has chosen to join the US Military before attending college.
    Although we would prefer him to go to college first, we are supportive, as this is not a whim for him, but something he has wanted to do all of his life.
    He will be shipping out for Ft. Benning, Georgia three weeks after graduating, and attending Army Infantry, Airborne, then Ranger training.
    We are of course extremely proud, as we are former military ourselves, and understand the committment this entails, but will be praying for his safety daily (as we do already for the thousands of servicemen and women worldwide)
    Abrazo

Answer by Abrazo at 12:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• One of my sisters is graduating. She's going to Hawaii to work with a ministry that helps the homeless.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My daughter is graduating also in june,she will go to college in the Fall,to be a math teacher.My last one to graduate hoooooorayy!!!!!
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yep, our son is graduating May 31st. He is in the process (with the help of Hillsong) of recording a worship CD with his band all of this month. They will be touring & promoting their CD in the US the month of June, touring Australia the month of July, and, depending on what happens after July, he may be going to college in the fall. He will be studying to go into full time pastoral or music ministry.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My sons not but I am ! June 23!! I cant wait, but then its college in September!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 8:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes, our wonderful son is!

He's been accepted to two of his colleges (both with merit scholarships) of choice, however, he is still undecided where he wants to go.
    He wants to major in business.
    sharebearmomof2

Answer by sharebearmomof2 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My grandson is. Oh gosh, does that mean I have to send him a gift?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• may 23rd!! my daughter is done with high school and tonigh was her last high school basketball game! Then she off to collage still playing b-ball and hopefully attending Northwestern collage.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Congrats! Two of my sons have already graduated; however, my niece is at Duke as a doctorial fellow. Maybe your son will be in the class she is a TA in. She loves it there.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009