$800 Dog??????

My husband recently came home with a gorgeous puppy that he didn't tell me about because he knew I'd get mad because the dog costs$800. I feel we could have spent the money in the house. Should I be mad?

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pets

• of course id be mad..but..not that he got a dog, the fact that we didnt talk about it first! but id just be so happy.. that i wouldnt stay mad!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I would be furious!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It was a nice suprise, tell him u appreciate the thought but next to talk about spending that kind of money. me and my hubby have a rule. if its over 150 we have to tell the other person and see if its okay. ofcourse u can set it at whatever. but atleast he wont be calling u or impulsive buying.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 6:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• What's done is done, so enjoy the puppy, but I would ask your hubby to please talk it over with you first before he buys you such an expensive surprise again.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He already spent the money, there is nothing you can do about it now except to enjoy the dog. It's not the worse thing that could have happened.
    Anonymous

• I would be mad, but because he didn't communicate with you beforehand. Honestly, our dog cost $700 because she is a purebred lab with very good hunting blood lines.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• purebred dogs cost around that amount, but he should have talked it out with you 1st
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Although he should have consulted with you first with regards to adding a puppy to the family..$800 is a bargain in my book. I can't remember the last time we added a new pup that was under $3000.00. We have added 5 in the last year (we also show dogs so our situation is a bit different). Did you even want a puppy at this point in your life? Good luck.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 9:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• wow and i thought that me spending over $450 was a lot. i know some dogs can be very expensive like standard poodles they run like $1200 + so i was so happy that one i found one on craigslist for just $200 but only spent $170 he wouldn't go down more then that but i sooo love her and always one. i don't regret. although i would be sick to my stomach if i bought one for that amount. although i'm an extreme case cause i have real issues with money. i always try to find the best deal and if i feel i didn't have get one i'll lose sleep over for months or until i return the item. i only tend to buy things i absolutely love. good luck. you could try to resell it which i have done cause of impulse buy
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• pretty sure i'd be upset, but that's with a baby on the way... and for $800, it better be a big one, $800 worth of dog, not some ankle biter I'd end up getting rid of for biting my kid....
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009