I just got home today from delivering my baby

and at the hospital they were giving me stool softeners. Well, I took a BM and it was normal. Then about two hours later I had diarrhea that looked black and green just like my son's first BM. Is that normal? Sorry for the grossness. hahaha

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Believe me, anything is normal after having a baby!!! I've had it all, the runs after the 1st 2 births, then constipation after having Troy. But if you do have any pains, or blood in the... Er... 'Stools' then contact your Doc. Hope that helps.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 6:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yes i think it is normal! I cant remember how mine was but it was blacker than usual...i would still keep taking the stool softeners for now, i got hemorrhoids 3 weeks after giving birth, so just keep using them until you are sure the coast is clear!
    december911

Answer by december911 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Alot of iron can turn your bm black
    mandiluwho

Answer by mandiluwho at 6:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I was wondering if you had the baby yet! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009