Cost of having a baby in Texas

Ok, heres the situation. My cousin is 19, unmarried, and pregnant. She has a boyfriend... but neither on of thm have great jobs. They are getting married within a week, because they are moving in with HIS parents, and thats the condition to be able to live there rent free... She was going to get Medicaid, but HIS parents told her not to because THEY have a Dr. already lined up for her that doesn't accept Medicaid, but everyone in his family uses him... So she is stressing out... They don't have insurance, and dang sure don't have the money to pay hospital bills or Dr. bills. So I need everyone's help pleas... I'm trying to gather as much info as possible about how much pregnancy cost... Dr.visits, prescriptions, hospital delivery, including amount for c-section, and hospital stay... Her boyfriend doesn't want her to have Medicaid either, so he's on his parent's side!!!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 6:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If his family is going to "make her" go to a doctor she cannot afford then they should pay for it.. if they dont want to fork out the money then they need to step back & let her get on medicaid! simple.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Well unless THEY are paying for the birth and everything then tell your sister to tell them to kiss it. For the actual delivery at my hospital in TX it was probably about $4000 (I am not going to do the math in adding it all up but it was about that much) However my DD was also in the NICU for a month- if that happens- it was like 56,000
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yah, I told her the same thing!! I feel really bad for her. I'm trying to get the expenses so she can sow it and then tell them to SHOVE IT! They won't pay for it :( already asked!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2009