caffeine!!!!!

i'm constantly under a lot of stress not only bec of my baby but also other things so i drink about 2 lattes each day so does it really affect my child through breast milk she actually is fussy and irritable.. but caffeine or not that is her personality i guess so is there a benefit from stopping it ( my daughter's almost a year old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think that by now, she is used to it? I would worry that if you stopped it altogether, she would get the same withdrawals you would, and that is major headaches for about 3 days, so maybe try cutting it down to one, and see if that helps her..if not, then don't worry about it..i drink a lot of soda and breastfeed, my baby seems unaffected by it
    december911

Answer by december911 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Caffeine has never seem to affect Caleb but i only have one cup a day
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• The effect of caffeine on a breastfed baby can vary widely from child to child. You can try cutting it out and see if that makes a difference. At her age, though, I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

If she's fussier than usual it might just be associated with a milestone--is she trying to walk? Pulling up more? Cutting teeth?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I'm glad you asked this. I drink 2 (big) cups of half caf coffee everyday and was wondering the same thing.
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2009