• In the Spotlight:

im pregnant with twins and my son wants me to hold all the time and im not suppose too, what harm can it do?

twinmommy1988

Asked by twinmommy1988 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i think the harm is in picking him up not holding him, how much does he weight? is your pregnancy considered at risk? putting too much strain on your body can cause you to go into early labor or miscarry...however, if you are sitting down, and he is on your lap that is different and entirely okay! just get someone else to put him on your lap
    december911

Answer by december911 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• well im 27 weeks and high risk he is one years old and weighs 23 pounds
    twinmommy1988

Answer by twinmommy1988 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Fortunately, I didn't have any other children while carrying twins. But, by that point, I could barely get myself around some days, let alone carry anything heavy. Consider this time a weaning period for being able to hold your son as much as before. There's going to be two more to hold soon, and you can't hold all three at once. He will adapt. If he gets used to it now, it won't be such an ordeal later when the twins are here.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• WELL I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD RESIST TO PICK YOUR LITTLE BOY UP BECAUSE WHEN YOUR TWINS COME YOU WANT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO STILL PICK HIM UP AND CARRY HIM AROUND LIKE A BABY BESIDES YOUR HAVING TWINS. BOTH WILL NEED THE ATTENTION BUT DONT FORGET ABOUT HIM TALK TO HIM AND LET HIM KNOW THAT IN A FEW OR SO WEEKS HE WILL HAVE TO SHARE MOMMY AND HE AHS TO BE A BIG BOY AND BIG BOYS DONT GET HELD ALL THE TIME. GET HIM PREPARED.
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Well, if you are high risk and are not supposed to pick him up then I wouldn't. It is hard but it could cause a lot more problems then you think, such as preterm labor ( I was going to say miscarriage but you are farther along), placenta problems and other problems. Look it up but I wouldnt risk it.... you can still hold him on your lap and sit by him
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• harm is it can cause you to go into preterm labor!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009