Old wives tale you used, or heard of

Has anyone used, or believe in any old wives tales that they used and it was correct?

I am asking because i saw in a pregnancy group about needle and pencil, so of course i tried it, and it went side ways indicating a girl, however, when i did the US they think boy, but they said they have to confirm on the next US.

busykids

Asked by busykids at 6:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did the pencil test, and with my first one it said boy and was right, with my 2nd it said boy and we had a beautiful little girl. Now with my 3rd one it says boy....I am waiting until birth to determine if it was true or not.

I have also heard that you can do the same by hanging your wedding ring from a piece of string and holding it over your belly.
    Best of luck and Congrats on the upcoming arrival!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• The old wives tale about getting heartburn if the baby has lots of hair. It just may be true.
    I've had crazy heartburn throughout this pregnancy and at our ultrasound (38 week), the tech said that this baby has lots of hair.
    I guess we'll see for sure in about 7-10 days.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 8:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• the hair line test was true for my friends niece and nephew. if they have a tail its a boy and a stright line means girl.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 6:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thank you all for responding, and congrats to you too NewMommyin06.

busykids

Answer by busykids at 7:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009