How do i deal with anxiety being high risk?

im 27 weeks pregnant with twins on bed rest and have extreme anxiety and stress, no support system and a 11 month son, i need some help to ease all this or im going to lose my sanity!

twinmommy1988

Asked by twinmommy1988 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hahaha sounds like my life! I have really bad anxiety, and nothing to releave it, I am also high risk.. but not with twins, and I have a 3 year old! If you find out away to "cure" the anxiety, PLEASE let me know! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Talk. Talk, talk, talk - to anyone who will listen. Try to find things you REALLY like and do what you can while resting. I honestly don't think you should try to "push things" (no pun intended!) because having a high risk pregnancy and a NICU baby will make your anxiety even worse later.
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I was on bed rest and i have a two year old. It's hard. Just rest as much as you can and try not to worry about things. I know its hard. But i'm not sure theres a cure for it :( Sorry and stay strong hun
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 7:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Find some other moms on bed rest and try to keep each other occupied, that's what I'm doing, I was lucky enough to have several pregnant friends and two are high risk (well one was, she's a mommy now) just like me, so we just keep each other distracted from the worries and encourage each other between doctor visits. There are also several websites that can get you in touch with other moms in the same boat, like www.keepemcookin.com
    Good luck!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I used to have anxiety, not with pregnancy but before I got pregnant with my son and after my son was born. I just told my self that it was stupid to freak out on dumb things and I need to be there for my son. I told my self worrying about things stupid things will only stress me out and make me miserable. It was to the point where I'd throw up when I got my anxiety, and after awhile I just had to kinda like stand up to my self and get it out of my mind, I know it might sound weird.
    Anonymous