Have you ever looked at your spouse and wondered what did I ever see in them?

My husband and I have been married 15 years. I love him but there are days when I wonder why. This is our last weekend in California and we had plans to go to the San Diego Zoo. He forgot and made plans to go to the horse track in Pasedena and ditched us for that. His car is in the shop getting a few repairs so he takes the only car we have there. I was stuck at home all day. Tomorrow he said we can go. Once again he forgets we have plans with friends to go to their home and BBQ. I am so sick of this. He is very self centered and I don't remember him being this way years ago when we got together. I know we all change but he has changed into a different person. I told him to get home early and he is still gone. My little boy is crushed. As long as he has his fun I guess. He may find the house empty real soon if he does not change back to the man I fell in love with. Anyone else married to a jerk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• no
    vintagechicken

Answer by vintagechicken at 7:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I agree with you people can change but when they become a person that you would not of been with to begin with than it is time to evaluate the realtionship and do what is best for all parties.
    Have you talked to him?
    Got help ?
    I believe we even when married are and deserve to be individuals but we must consider that if we do not like to make joint decisions than do not get married.
    Whatever you do do not put up with it even if you care for him or have a child since that does no one any good.
    Best of luck !
    Anonymous

• So, take a bus, rent a car, get a friend to go along and drive. Whatever. You don't have to sit around waiting for him. Go out and have fun with your son.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes my husband has changed since we've been married, but as impossible as it seems, he's gotten even more wonderful. He's very selfless, makes sure that me and the kids are happy. He's rather be with us than go hang out with the guys. I even tell him to go but he says he's so limited on the time he gets with us that he'd rather stay home. So I cant say I understand how you feel.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He's changed. I have changed.

To answer your question: No, Never.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Don't they have those Gray Tours that take you to the zoo? It's possible you could have taken "an adventure" on a bus or cab to the Tour pick up point then on to the zoo. I learned a long time ago to never depend on a man when it comes to family outings. I always planned to do things alone with my kids and if he went fine and if not, we still had fun. To answer your question my kids' father was a jerk, yes. I divorced him and never looked back.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes, I have!.....with my boyfriend

After about 4 months of dating, I asked myself ..Why did I ever go out with him?....Unfortunately, it took another 12 months to break up with him....

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• yes, I am married to a jerk. I don't know why I married him.. he is about like yours!
    Anonymous

• Lol yes. wake up before him get the kid ready leave a note and take the car. if it really early go out to eat first with the kid. give him a tast of it lol
    Anonymous

• I wonder why all the time the only thing dh does after work is sits on his ass on the computer or sleeps for 13 hours it does get old or on occasion we go to his parents where he does the same thing sits on their computer or sleeps wow i never met a person like that and he's helpless he cant even make his own damn lunch i agree with anom at 9:58 get up early and take the keys and go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2009