When can I stop burping my baby after eating?

luvMIIsk8rBoi

Asked by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 7:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DS is just 6 months and he recently started burping himself so I just take the bottle away after about 3-4oz and sit him up and usually he burps himself
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 8:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Funny that you asked this.. i actually had to think about it cause when our son was 6 months old, I noticed that i hadnt been burping him... LOL He's 8 mnths today and i think I stopped at about 5 months and 2 weeks.. He finishes his bottle, and he handles his own business
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think he was around the ages of the OP's children ... about 5-6 months. He's 9 months now and does it on his own.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have always wondered this too. My son is three months and a lot of times will burp on his own, but I still sit there and try everytime weather he does it on his own or not.lol. Hes a spitter upper so I always make sure he does.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009