forgetting about friends once there is a guy involved..

I have this one friend that I have known for about 12-13 years and EVERY time she gets a boyfriend she forgets she has friends.. it drives me crazy.. we have gone months and even years without talking b/c she gets a man then once they break up she "remembers" she has friends.. Did you ever have a friend like this? did you maintain a friendship or just end the friendship all together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Ended the friendship all together.
    Maybe it will one day make her realize what she had.
    Anonymous

• it's easy to get caught up in a new romance . . have you tried to reach out to her?
    Anonymous

• yes I've mentioned it to her MANY times, never seems to get through to her.. I flat out said to her when she first started seeing this guy "are you going to fofget you have friends again" she said no.. and yet she has.. again..
    Anonymous

• Unfortunatly, I am that friend. It isn't that I forget about you... infact, I think of you often.... I just have a hard time keeping more than one realationsip up at a time. Usually, it gets better, especially if you call and remind me. Also, I only have so many hours in a day.

I am sorry, I know how it hurts.
    Anonymous

• umm.. whoever the last person was that responded saying they were "taht" friend I hope you werent trying to say you were MY friend.. cause shes on CM but hasnt been on since mid February..
    Anonymous

• no, not in the sense of actually your friend, I don't even know who you are... you post anon, just like I did.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend that that after many years of friendship and many,many guys by her i deiced i had it.
    What top it for me if she knew me and hubby had lost several babies and she was not there once to even say sorry what can i do since she was in a new relationship number 8 in a year well she got pregnant by him and she out of the blue calls me and says she could use my friendship,time,support to go with her while she killed her baby,her words not mine.
    Told her under the circumstances since i lost one a week before no,she comes back from it and tells me she requested to see the baby afterwards...
    I felt she was not right to what our friendship really was after all these years,i was a fill in for her time versus being bored on some nights & she never wanted to pay for anything,what nerve!
    Anonymous

• I have done that once with my best friend. I didn't even realize it was happening. We're still friends, and I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her, Maybe if you talk to her about it she won't be so dumb.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• yep she is still that way. I dont even worry about it because its always been like that. once their relationship gets serious to where she actually wants a life again i am not at her beck and call but im still her friend ya know..we have known each other toooo long
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• People have lives and spend time with those who they choose to spend time with. It doesn't mean she doesn't care about you. It means she respects your life with your family and she hopes you do the same for her and her new relationship(s). It's all good. Be happy for her and enjoy the hiatus. Obviously, she'll be back when the next one doesn't work out.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009