When can you start giving your baby food, like cheerios? My baby eats rice ceral, fruits and veggies. But she doesn't have any teeth yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cheerios are good because they disolve.also the gerber puffs melt in their mouths so its a good start off food. My daughter ate them at 6 months and only had 1 tooth
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 8:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I would say you can try at 6 months and just watch carefully, if they don't take to it well then wait and try again later. I have heard that the BIG rice crispy cereal are a good finger food for little ones since they dissolve quick and are larger than the normal ones.

GL!!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• we dont do cheerios.. we give our son Gerber puffs.. and they start to disolve in his mouth.. he has two teeth up front, but he does gum them, i also give him peas and carrots cut up.. he is 8 months old today and has been on gerber puffs for about a month or more..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• We started cheerios between 7-8 months, with supervision, it's more about the finger movements or fine motor skills than eating at this point. (So we were told....) :) We also liked the Gerber Puffs, and I only saw the Big Rice Crispy cereal commercial this week. It's looks like it would work.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son is 6 months old and I wont give him cheerios yet just cause they are so small. Gerber makes the cheeto like puffs he loves them and wagon wheels that are big and disolve the same way the puffs do. He loves them and only has 2 teeth. These are great for babies without teeth because they disolve as soon as they get wet.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My daughter is just about to be 7 months. I've been giving her cheerios for about 2 weeks now. She does really well with them. I let her chew on frozen bagels also. Babies don't need to have teeth to eat finger foods. They can gum the food. It just depends on how well your baby can do this. Just take it slowly and watch baby's every bite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my DD is 9 months and has her bottom two front teeth just now coming in. She's been eating cheerios for a while. I only gave her one cheerio at a time at first just to make sure she doesnt choke. now she just eats 3 at a time. Cheerios may dissolve but they are also good for the kids to practice their chewing skills and feels good on the babys gums when it comes to teething. That's how my daughters teeth ended up coming in cuz the cheerios helped alot on bringing them in. she just eats them. she doesnt cry at all. she does fairly well with pain on teething section.

I say it wouldnt hurt to try cheerios for the first time
    mom4life86

Answer by mom4life86 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2009