NO MORE SODA!!!

Hey ladies I was wondering if any of you have cut soda out of your life? Did you lose much weight from it? I am gonna be cutting it out. Just want to see if you are happy you did it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I did! You will notice a huge difference and I am not talking about just weight! When you cut out high sugars from your diet (among other naughty things like bad fats) and start doing something as simple as walking around the block for 15 minutes 3 days a week you will feel so much better! Learn to like water - seriously. Place a charcoal filtration system on the faucet of your sink for filtered water that tastes great. You can even flavor a plain glass of water with slices of lemon, lime, or tangerine!
    You can do it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I stopped drinking soda about 6 months ago...maybe longer- I'm not sure. I didn't lose a ton of weight, but I probably lost about 5 lbs. I also work out and lost a little more weight. It was really hard to give up soda. I didn't drink it everyday, but I got horrible headaches after I gave it up. Good luck to you!!

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 8:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I am working on giving up pop...I find that I crave it after I've had it, though and that makes it really hard to give up! I have noticed that when I do stop drinking it for periods of time that I drop a few pounds but I also don't feel as slowed down or bloated. I just had some pop last night for the first time in weeks and now I'm wanting more but resisting!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think soda was part of the reason i want losing weight. So I am drinking Diet Rite. Once you get used to the taste, I really like it. It's pretty much just like water. Only had a good taste lol
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 8:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• part of the reason i wasnt** oops typo
    JmgBlair

• I gave it up prior to pregnancy...I have had weight issues since I was a child. I will admit if you subsitute soda for water. You will see results....seriously I mean you will =]=]=]=].
    Anonymous

• I hardly ever drink it to begin with. I am very happy with not drinking it.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I never drink soda except when I'm sick I'll drink ginger ale... it has never helped me to lose weight though but I'm sure it's good to not drink anyways
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I went from Soda to water, and lost alot of weight. And Plan on drinking less soda's now that I am pregnant. I normally would drink a soda when we ate somewhere. Here lately its either water or.. water! I dont like tea. So the occasional soda will happen. I think you should wean yourself off. If you go cold turkey it will make you crave it, and get really sick from it, withdrawals. If you drink like 5 cans a day, Go down to 4, then to 3, 2, 1 etc. Depending on how much you drink it. Then eventually limit yourself to one every 2 days, then one every 4 days then One a week. Replace you soda in take with juice water or milk. You will see an improvement. and it helps keep your system clean. You use the bathroom more, but feel healthier!
    DandieMandie

Answer by DandieMandie at 9:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I do love the fizziness, so I use club soda in fruit juice. It's tricks me into thinking I'm drinking soda.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2009