forgetting friends once a man is involved....

I have this one friend that I have known for about 12-13 years and EVERY time she gets a boyfriend she forgets she has friends.. it drives me crazy.. we have gone months and even years without talking b/c she gets a man then once they break up she "remembers" she has friends.. Did you ever have a friend like this? did you maintain a friendship or just end the friendship all together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a friend like this. Everytime she has a man... she ignores me. She had a man and he left her. SO i told her oh try date hook up... she did and now we dont talk or hang out!! I hate women like that!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Im still friends with her.. she calls when she wants though. She doesnt answer my calls.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I haven't had friends like this, but I understand the overwhelming involvement with a man. However, even when I had such involvement I did not forget my friends since they are jewels in my life. You may want to keep a distance from this woman, she doesn't seem to be a true friend.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I know what you're talking about. I have a friend that does the same thing everytime she gets a new boyfriend
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I am a friend who does this. Trust me, she knows she is doing it. She probably feels badly about it. She probably wishes she wasn't that way. She probably misses you and wishes that she knew how to be a person outside of a relationship while she is in one. I'm married now so I'll probably never hang out with my friends again. Not that I don't want to. I do but I'm sure I won't.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Sheesh . . I thought I was the only one with a friend like that. Not only does she forget that she has friends, but she BECOMES her man . . . SO ANNOYING. She only calls when they fight or when he's away. What annoys me most is that she hangs out with one of her friends that always uses her or disses her and then calls me to complain about it. I guess she is just glutten(sp) for punishment. I call her when I feel like it now. She is still my friend and I love her, but she is no longer a top priority.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Once I was engaged They forgot Me! I guess they were not real friends and that proves what a terrible judge of character I am. They didn't seem to like me enough to even hint that I was making a mistake with the man I married. I'm still hurt by the phone calls that were never returned. I really needed them. I had two (supposedly) really good friends back then. It's been 15 years.

Anonymous

• I had one who I met on CM. We hung out the whole time her husband was deployed. She and her children were welcomed into our family..Guess what happened once he came back? She only called me whenever he would go underway. And she hasn't been there for me at all while mine is gone.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i would end it... what kind of real friend is that? guys come and go, but a friendship is spoused to last forever...(for the most part)...that doesn't sound like a friend to me...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have a friend like that she sticks around long enough to introduce him to me and my parents (their like her mom and dad) then i dont hear from her now with her new man she calls once in a while to see how me and dd are havent seen her in months
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2009