for moms who had a c - section

what works best to get the sticky stuff from the tape off your belly? i've tried rubbing alcohol but it just isn't doing the trick

pringles_697

Asked by pringles_697 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Health

• i just let mine fall off, water and soap might be best my doc and the nurses just pulled them off
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• oh you meant the sticky stuff FROM the tape...lol i think i just let it wear off
    americansugar80

• oh. it's really annoying though. i was just wondering what other people used to get an idea lol
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• olive oil, worked a little...better than anything else i tried
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• A product called Goo Gone.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Are you talking about the tape adhesive or the benzoin tincture that is painted on your incision to hold the tape in place? If you are talking about the BT, it's a type of glue that can't come off until your body sloughs it off.
    Anonymous

• The sticky stuff I had was from the tape that was over my incision. Everytime I showered, I would take my loofa and LIGHTLY rub on the sticky areas. Gradually I started picking at it and would pull it off with my fingers. It didn't hurt at all, I think this was about a week afterwards.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Try baby oil!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I had 2 c-sections, every doctor performs them differently. So if you'r doctor stitched the inside & stapled the outside, the staples should've been removed before you left the hospital, & the stitches will disappear in time. But as far as the stickyness from the tape they use at the hospital, I found it to be easier to just let it wear off on it's own. You don't want to go picking at it & risk getting any bacteria in the incision resulting in an infection. I know it's annoying feeling all sticky & nasty but it'll come off on it's own eventually. I hope it doesn't drive you to crazy.
    shawna101

Answer by shawna101 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My daughter had a c-section last month and she just told me that hers just wore off after awhile.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009