• In the Spotlight:

The recession is already in its 15th month, making it longer than all but two downturns since World War II.

I just read this in an article.
http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20090307/D96PFVO00.html

So if this is true, how can you seriously say this is all Obama's fault. He has been president for only 6 weeks. I really think you need a new scapegoat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• MMM< I really think it falls mainly on Congress (housing/bad loan programs). Bush prolonged it by signing in stimulus package and tarp- Obama's on a similar but highly enlarged spending spree that will only continue it. The market needs to regulate itself, and as long as the gov keeps interfering, it won't have a chance to. (I hate most of them right now!)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't blame Obama, I know good and well that Bush started this mess
    Poor Obama has the job of cleaning up Bush's B.S. I do not envy him at all for it!
    Anonymous

Thank you for giving your opinion in a none attacking manner. I think people listen to the other side alot more when they are not feeling attacked.
    Anonymous

• blah blah blah.

Anonymous

• blah blah blah.
    Wow, now there is a well thought out answer. Do you need someone to interpret the article into idiot for you?
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 9:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't blame Obama and it is too soon to tell if he will help the situation at all.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• O.k. first of all, this is old news. Most people have known for a long time that this was going to be one of the worst recessions in recent history, comparable to those of 1973-75 and 1980-82. The talk of that has been going on for quite some time. No, it's not Obama's fault, but he is making things worse right now with his spending. Congress had a lot to do with it as did Bush and even Bill Clinton (no matter what he says). The general population is also to blame for getting in over their heads and so are those stupid mortgage companies that pushed ARMs on people who shouldn't have qualified to buy a home. No one should blame one person, and honestly I don't think the people who don't support Obama are even blaming him for the fact that we've been in a recession since Dec 2007. What those people are saying is that he is not helping it at all with the outrageous spending package.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Obama was WELL AWARE of the economic challenges he would be inheriting when he CHOSE to run for POTUS! Heck, as a JUNIOR Senator, he voted for many of the spending and policies that would continue such spending. So you can't tell me he had no idea what he was up against.

Now, if this were you, would you think that you could spend BILLIONS of dollars on EVERYTHING BUT the root issues or would you put that money into providing tax cuts to the corporations that actually PRODUCE something and HIRE people, so 650,000+ wouldn't be looking for jobs right now?

Not if you want a SOCIALIST country! That's what Obama and company are trying to do! The more people depend on the government (as a result of more job loss, businesses going belly up, people losing their homes, and their savings), the more control he has over his minions!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thank you for giving your opinion in a none attacking manner. I think people listen to the other side a lot more when they are not feeling attacked.

I love how you say that as you also say...

I really think you need a new scapegoat

That's not exactly a positive spin.  And just so we are clear....one more time....NO ONE SAYS ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!!!! Please, Please  show me where they do.  People (me included) are saying his decisions aren't helping.  It's real simple.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• absolutely agree lorikeet
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009