When were you able to tell which body parts were poking out?

I'm almost 33 weeks, and although she kicks/punches hard, I can't tell which body part is jabbing me.
Sometimes I swear it's a foot sliding under my belly button, but I can't ever be sure... I don't even know what position she's in.

Is that a head or a bum? A knee or an elbow? A foot or a fist?

Were you able to tell by this time, or at all?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• knees, elbows, hands, and feet are harder to tell unless you know what position baby is in.

but butt/head is easier :) head is hard, butt is just a littls squishier :) poke around, I know it sounds silly but hey, that's how the doc figures it out.
    Anonymous

• I'm 36 1/2 weeks and still can't be sure. I know she is head down and where all her parts are so I can make a good guess but I'm not exactly sure.... she rolls so much and squirms, I don't know! haha
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i knew at 8 months with my first pregnancy. I'm 7 months now with my second child and I can't tell, really. For me, I feel more of pushing out and rolling of some body part...have no clue what it is though, lol.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I could never tell the whole time!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 9:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i could never tell. but she didnt really kick so much as roll around a lot. toward the end though there were a few times i think she must have punched me like straight down cause it hurt so bad and made me jump so suddenly that my SO about jumped out of his seat asking me if everything was okay. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I was never able to tell, honestly. I couldn't even tell, from pressing on my stomach, where his head or butt were, I could only say how he was laying by what my OB said.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i can feel his elbow and feet lol the elbow hurts a bit. and he always has his foot against me really hard it i can see the outline almost
    Anonymous