red spots- what are they?

I have always had two red spots on my chest for as long as I can remember. They are about the size of the lead of a pencil, and raised just a little bit (like if you run your finger over them you can feel them just a little bit). Toward the end of my pregnancy with my last child I started getting more all over my body. Most of the other ones are much smaller, but there is one on my head that is right in my part that is bigger (still really small though) and more raised. I don't think they are anything dangerous but I was curious if anyone else had these or knew what they were. They resemble the birthmarks that some people have that are called strawberries ( I think). But if they are not there since birth then they are not birthmarks, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Health

• Could you post a picture to help us see,may give better answers for you:>)
    Anonymous

• Agree with PP,if that would be possible.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have teeny-tiny little red marks/dots that you can barely see unless your really look at my skin. They are on my upper arms, chest, stomach and thigh areas. I asked my dermatologist about them twice now. Once when I was pregnant (she said hormones) and then again 1 year after giving birth and she said they were caused by tanning beds (I have very fair, light skin) and the pregnancy/hormones most likely brought them out and they will probably always be there. Damage on my skin from the tanning beds (which I did less than 40 times in my h.s. days)
    Anonymous