• In the Spotlight:

Has your child ever freaked you out like this?

OK I am officially FREAKED OUT!

My dd is 3.5 and has speech delays. She talks ok sometimes. Well, I was laying down in her bed with her and she points over to her closet and says "there she is" I said "who" she said "that girl"

Ummmmm.....so I said "ok be quiet" a few seconds later she points and says "there she is again" "there she is" "there she goes"

UHHHHHH....so I point over to a butterfly baby that is close to the area she pointed at. and I said "you mean the butterfly baby?" and she says "Yeah"

But now I am freaked out. Probably for no reason. But still I watched 6th sense a few days ago and I cant get over this.

PLEASE dont tell me about how kids see ghosts when we dont thing. I am already wondering if I will sleep tonight!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• ha ha....i am sure its nothing. it sounds like you are more freaked out than she is. don't let her see you freaked out because then it will cause her to have fears of things.

i dont want to say anymore cause i dont want to scare you. i think though that its probably the movie that is getting to you. i think people make more out of stuff than what there is.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thats almost exactly what my dh said....lol
    Anonymous

• My almost 3 year old sees a little boy. She's told me about him several times, at first it freaked me out. I couldn't sleep for a night. Get this though, one day my husband gave me a hug before he left, she told him to get off her mommy, he told her he's been around long before her, she said 'yea, when I guarded you, before i was born". Tell me how a two year old can say something like that! You know some spiritual people say that young children can see spirits and angles. Don't be scared.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son has done that a few times. Once when he was two he woke up, sat up, and started punching our headboard saying "go away, leave me alone". He also talks about a monster that pulls his hair while he tries to sleep. As he is getting older he talks about it less and less now. It is probably just their imagination.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I know I had very vivid imagination as a child. I would tell my mom that I saw angels or people in long white gowns. I went into details about heaven and hell at the age of three. Scared myself shitless with my imagination until I was teenager. I still have very vivid imagination, but pour that in writing and art whenever I can. I suppose I can say I'm a believer that children can see things we don't see, and possibly won't remember when they're older. It's nothing to be afraid of, though. But it is more than likely imagination, and there's a good chance they will continue to be vivid and freak you out until she finds a different input for her imagination. A different way to express it. Try not to worry, and most of all, don't let it scare you.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think young children can see things like that. As they get older, it goes away. Some people just see things.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thanks for the chills and goosesbumps
    :o)
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009