• In the Spotlight:

Which is it, too much stress or too much partying?

Sources close to the White House say Mr Obama and his staff have been "overwhelmed" by the economic meltdown and have voiced concerns that the new president is not getting enough rest.

British officials, meanwhile, admit that the White House and US State Department staff were utterly bemused by complaints that the Prime Minister should have been granted full-blown press conference and a formal dinner, as has been customary. They concede that Obama aides seemed unfamiliar with the expectations that surround a major visit by a British prime minister.

Didn't he party Wednesday night??????
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/4953523/Barack-Obama-too-tired-to-give-proper-welcome-to-Gordon-Brown.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• His JOB is to meet with and entertain foreign dignitaries. He even said he wanted to "repair relationships" caused by Bush's lack of social grace, and then he pulls this cr** with one of our closest allies?

If I go to work too tired to function because I partied too hard, there are consequences. But evidently we have such a love affair with this guy, he's above normal standards of accountability.

Give me a break. And stop playing the race card, it only shows who the true people who have a problem with race are. I have a problem with my country being dragged down. What color is that?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Once again it's like the paperboy in charge of managing the newspaper! He has no clue. He thought being POTUS was all about big check presentations, photo ops and ribbon cuttings. He is in waaay over his head, and it shows!!!
    Anonymous

• Obama is an ego-centric, spineless loser. He can't think for himself and has no experience. Still very wet behind those big ears. He didn't work hard as a Senator, so maybe he is fatigued with too much on his plate as President. Like going 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He has looked rather tired this week.
    Anonymous

• People are still having a hard time facing the fact that their is a black family in the white house, so they pick on him worse than any other president. He just started for crying out loud so give him a chance so that he can clean up Bush's mess.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Stop bashing Obama, he's the man
    staceynoel

• stacey, I think it has nothing in the WORLD to do with the fact that he is black.

People were about ready to ship Bush off to a desserted island. They bashed him just as hard if not harder!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• staceynoel - please don't push your insecurities onto us. Get over yourself and the race card...it is getting rather tiresome.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You can't party on Wednesday and then blame stress for screwing up with foreign dignitaries. It's like doubletalk. Oh, I'm too tired to treat Mr. Brown with respect, but Earth Wind and Fire is here so I'll stay up late on a school night. C'mon. We all aint that stupid, or gullable.
    Anonymous

• *ahem* dare I say ACCOUNTABILITY???!!!!???!!!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009