Please help me figure out what this smell is??!

There's a smell like old fruit or old garbage in my house! I've cleaned the recycling bins and took out all the garbage and aired out the house for a few hours, now I think its coming from the drain in my bathroom...anyone ever have this mystery smell? ugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i get the nasty mold smell from my bathroom drain all the time. we have tried bleach and everything it is nasty sorry i feel for you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Is it possible that a mouse died somewhere? That's one reason I never use poison to kill them. They run off and can die anywhere.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Pour baking soda and vineger down the drain, see if that works!!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• a fruity garbage smell? eww do you have a possibly diabetic cat peeing in your house? lol i would try vinegar scub for the smelly room and pour vinegar down that drain too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I agree with the vinegar and baking soda thing, and you can put an open box of baking soda just about anywhere and it will absorb bad odors just like it does in your fridge.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thanks ladies, I will try the vinegar and baking soda, and haha, no I don't even have a cat.
    Anonymous

• I was also thinking a dead mouse...but maybe a wrotten bag of potatoes in the cubbort???? or may garbage disposal..poor bleach down the drains..
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• For mold bleach only makes the mold white.The only mystery smell I had in my house and it wasn't a fruity one.The smell made me hurl.I found the source,it was a rotten egg shell my dog found in the backyard and she brought it in the house and hide it under the recliner.I opened all of the windows,washed her mouth out,washed the hardwood floors.Finally the stench disappeared.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2009