My friend wants to know...

One of my closest friends is eight months pregnant with her first child and wants to know if going to a loud rock concert could be detrimental to the little one inside her. Does anyone know the answer or have any suggestions?

AngieCate

Asked by AngieCate at 10:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby would hear all the music but I don't think the music would hurt the baby... however, I would not go to a rock concert that pregnant just b/c of the enviroment I could find myself in. JMO
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Tell her to have fun!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I've looked around on google and found a few people who asked the same question. From all the answers I've concluded that it should be fine. The baby is very well protected inside, and all outside noises are pretty muffled.

However I would recommend that

-She get SEATS, away from any mosh pits and large crowds where her belly could get bumped hard, or worse. I'm sure she'll be wanting to sit down at some point, anyways.
    -She shouldn't be too close to speakers
    -She should bring small snacks in her purse
    -She should figure out where the bathroom and exits are as soon as she gets in
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• We went to the fireworks in our city and were VERY close. I got hit many times with shrapnel (it's in her baby book now...lol) but I asked the doc before we went and he said the baby won't be effected by it. She DEFINITELY heard it...and kicked to tell me so....but it didn't hurt her ears or anything. We went when I was preg. with my son also and he's fine. I was 7 months preg. with my son when we went. It was SO loud! So I think she'd be fine.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 11:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i asked my doc this question and one here and there wont hurt baby. it's if she was going all the time that might not be so good. i agree with batgirl
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thankyou everyone. I'll pass it on :)
    AngieCate

Answer by AngieCate at 1:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2009