Which is better?

A PSP or a Nintendo DS for my 7 year old son? He never plays video games, and I heard the PSP can play movies and music, can the DS as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a Nintendo fan. I just think they make superior products. I don't know about watching movies with it though. If he's not into video games why not just get him a DVD player?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think DS are more geared towards children. There are more games for them. The PSP isn't doing that well anymore.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i think the ds is pretty cool myself
    my daughter has the pink one and its really cute.
    also the games for it r pretty funny.

cooking mama
    brain academy...
    and many more :)
    Anonymous

• I have a DS and looked up lots about it before I bought it. It has WAY better reviews than the PSP. If he is going to be playing games DEFINETELY get the DS. Dont spend this much money if he is not going to be playing games on it. I am pretty close to positive that if he wants to watch movies on the PSP then you have to buy them in the PSP sized disc. You are better off buying a portable dvd player then because you can use the cds and dvds you already own
    ajnreidsmama

Answer by ajnreidsmama at 11:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• A d.s is best they have alot more kid friendly games as oppose to the violent ones for the psp. I personally love brain age I use my kids D.S it's fun ....Also look around for special packages I recently bought one it came with the system and 2 games also a carrying case for only $149.00 and free shipping so shop around ....
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I prefer the Nintendo DS for the games, especially the learning ones. They don't play movies or videos, though.
    My teen daughter prefers her PSP because she can play games watch movies and videos that you have to purchase just like the games.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2009