Me and my husband got caught during sex by 5 yr. old daughter? What do i say to her?

How should i tell her!? OMG!! I know she was shocked..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ask her what she thought was going on. Then go from there.

She may have thought you and daddy were wrestling, or maybe she wonders if daddy was hurting you, any number of things.

The key here is to give her limited information. Reassure her that it's a "special" thing mommy's and daddy's do and it's a good thing.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I told my daughter that it was something special that mommy and daddy did because we love each other. At the time we were trying for a baby and so I informed her that if we were lucky we'd "plant" a baby in the process. LOL
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 3:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I would be honest with her, but age appropriate honesty, of course. I agree with first poster--ask her what she thinks was happening, and go from there.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My son did that. We told him it was special Mom and Dad hugging. He was fine with it, didn't even ask a follow up question! (We are getting some LOCKS for our room though! Yeeesh!)
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Ask her what she thinks was happeninga nd go from there
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009