MY HUSBAND

Just got layed off. He worked at a factory. He is uneducated/didn't go to college so what else is there he can do?
Were both very young, and I do have a job but it's not enough..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh hon, I'm sorry. That really stinks. Is there similar work in your area? Other factories? What about other labor jobs? My neighbor does pretty well for himself just by being a day-laborer for the neighborhood. Once he put the word out, he started getting all kinds of work, like basic repairs, painting, yardwork, stuff like that. Good luck.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Perhaps you can borrow some money from a family member to start his own business?
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 11:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Use this time to get him skilled. Hopefully he has some kind of unemployment. If not he will have to get some sort of job. Then while he is looking for work, he should take some kind of class that he is interested and build on that. It may seem insurmountable, but it really isn't. He could get training as say an EMT or Medical assistant(just a suggestion). Then he could get a job and continue back to school further once he is working. As you said you are young, life is before you. Break down this huge issue into small pieces and it will not seem so overwhelming. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Target. My husband works there, and he didnt even finish high school. he dropped out after his sophmore year. Target will hire just about anyone, so long as they are drug free. good luck
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Try the temp agencies. They hire laborers and such without more than h.s. diploma

Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• WalMart will too and any grocery store needs people on the night shift, I know that is a rough shift but no one ever wants to work it so there are always openings. I know that is true out here. Oh and waiting tables is a good one also, the turnover at restaurants is high they always need waiters or waitresses.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Thats still not a lot of money..
    I'm talking about good jobs that pay a lot to support a family :(
    Anonymous

• my husband works 2 jobs, Target and IHSS. you do what you have to to support your family.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• he can become a server!! i'm a server and i make 500-650 a week in tips and plus hourly....
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• He can also learrn to drive an 18 wheeler if he is over 21
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2009