how do i deal with a dad who doesnt seem to care?

the father of my kids seems to resent the fact that we have kids. he calls our baby "it", or "this thing", as in here take this thing..... i took a call outside b/c i needed a break and when i came back in he stomped to me and told me he didnt feel comfortable holding the baby, then went to bed. is this an excuse? i asked him to watch the kids one night so i could go out, and now i think he's trying to get out of it. what do i do?

MommaGoose2

Asked by MommaGoose2 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I noticed from your profile that you have 2 kids, was he like that with the 2 yr old, or is this just all of the sudden? Have you talked to him and asked him why. Some men tend to get a little overwhelmed when it comes to young babies, my hubby was. Mainly because he was afraid that he would hurt him or that something would happen (like duh! he would break), lol. Seriously, you really need to talk to him and find out why he's acting this way, and as for calling your child a (thing), that's not acceptable to me. He's a human being and a product of the both of you.

meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 11:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• maybe you should quit having children with a man who doesn't like kids. Just a thought.
    Anonymous

• My XH did this when our 2 were little. I think it's cuz he was waiting for his "boy". We never did go on to have baby #3 to try for his "boy". My gut instinct told me this was not a man I wanted to procreate with any more!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2009