Why would you let your 3,4,5 year olds have a pacifier?????

Isn't that a little old?! Goodness....take it away.

* don't know where to put this, it's a current event now! haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• mine didnt have a paci once they turned 4 months but i think its crazy for a 1 year old to have it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It's way too old for a pacifier. Dentists will tell you that after six months, it affects the teeth and palate.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• absolutely not i took baileys away as soon as i could i think she was three months old. i didnt even want her to have one but the hospital gets them hooked on it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• my son is two and still has one. We will get rid of it by the time hes three, but I say let people raise their own kids.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes, I took my sons away at 9 months.... but I just see these women that STILL let their kids have them at this age! Crazy

OP here..
    Anonymous

• I will try to break my daughter of her pacifier habit by 2, but realistically, adults have all kinds of bad habits that have serious effects on our bodies (over eating, drinking, smoking,etc). I think it's not the end of the world if a child is still using a pacifier a little longer than normal. So you may have to pay for braces, but I bet it's worth it to not hear your kid scream at you because they want a pacifier when they aren't ready to give it up.

Anonymous

• chandra do you want to spend alot of money on the dentist just to fix your sons teeth???????????????
    Anonymous

• My daughter sucked her thumb till three. It's a little harder because you can't actually take the thumb AWAY. . . I've never used pacifiers.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Anon- LOL seriously???? my son doesn't even remember the paci. That's the whole point of getting rid of it before they can scream for it. Anyways, I would let them scream instead of paying 4-5,000 to fix their teeth b/c of a silly habit!
    Anonymous

• my sons dr. and dentist both know he still takes a pacifier and both say it is fine. as i said previously "let people raise their own kids".
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009