I want to hang out with the girls but...

see my friend Vanessa asked me to go and hang out tonight, and well im so used to being the wife and mommy that i dont know how to just go out and have fun... its like i feel like i cant. i want friends and stuff but it seems every time someone asks me to go out i have some excuse not to. anyone else do this?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 10:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nope! as long as i can get a sitter I jump at every opportunity to get a break!
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I'm with you. I always think It would be fun but I really would rather keep my partying to back yard bbq's.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• you need to be your own person to....don't feel guilty for it...go..and if it does not feel right then leave..but give it a shot...be with your friend too...as a mommy you need your time to..
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I know what you mean, but you need to force youself to go. Personally, Just me, I do not feel a need or think its right to go out and party like i did when single. I am in a committed relationship, and I have kids, and its just not who I am anymore...BUT hanging ith a friend is always fun. And also you need to connect with grown ups too, it is an important part of who you are...not just mom or "honey". But a woman with interesting things to say! go have fun...not like the kifds will eb neglected... play games/cards/kareoke/just talk, with your friend. Play remember when lol...GO HAVE A NITE!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Honestly, I love adult/ alone time with my husband. I don't miss the bars/club scene. Been there done that and right now in my life im content doing my own thing.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Im like this in a big way too , if i go out with friends i don't enjoy time as much because im worried about my home and miss being there with my daughter i ussally bring her out on outings with friends either for a walk or to the park and if i do go out at night i just plan to come home at a certian time for me its around 11 or 12 if i do go out
    JuliesMama579

Answer by JuliesMama579 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• please keep in mind im 18 and havent had any of the "bar scene" been with hubby since i was 14. lol so this would be my first time .... lol
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 11:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• im always wanting to go and hang out with my friends..but then when it comes down to it, i dont end up going..i make up some sort of excuse..which is why ive lost a lot of then..and really only have like 4 friends now...but. i dunno..id rather have people come here and do a bbq or something..im such a home-body!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Ok, yeah than I think you should go out with your girls and have fun!! have a couple of shots right away and yu'll lossen up and dance. Your very young, enjoy life a little
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• And what's your excuse?
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2009