Ways to get rid of heartburn?

AHH THIS BABY MUST HAVE SO MUCH HAIR!! LOL :D
how do i make it go away! Im not eating spicey foods!

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 11:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• milk gets rid of it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Take liquid maalox or gaviscon. Avoid tums, since the heartburn can actually get worse when they wear off. If maalox doesn't cut it, ask your OB about taking cimetidine. That saved me in the last month.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• MILK!! With my last baby i drank milk for heartburn and threw up all over hubby!! LOL
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• try sleeping in a recliner, so you are not fully on your side or back which allows the stomach acid to work its way back up. It's the only thing that helped me.  I had it so bad I would throw up in my sleep. 

Anonymous

• I ate ice cream to ease my heart burn when I was pregnant, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• i love tums! lol- i just popped 2 myself lol and i noticed i sleep without getting heartburn if i pop 2 or 3 right before bed
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Never got relief while pregnant, and all my kids had lots of hair
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• looking for a good answer myself.. tums didnt work for me.. when i was preg with DD i was never as sick as i am and didnt have heartburn this early.. im only 7 and 1/2 wks
    MCKsmomma

Answer by MCKsmomma at 11:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Try eating an acid fruit, like an orange...
    Also, I've heard that if you take a teaspoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of water and mix it together and sip it (although a sip is the whole thing) give it a few minutes and try it again... that works...
    Try eating slower while you eat as well. Not only will your enjoy your meals tons more, but you're stomach will take more time to digest it
    Eat solid foods and beverages separate. Eating both together can upset your stomach and cause heartburn.
    Also, eating more smaller meals rather then few larger ones helps. the more thats its your tummy, the faster the acids rise, and causes heartburn!
    The one thing that always worked for me is to drink a glass of ice cold milk...
    Hope that it helps!
    Good Luck.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 12:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Rolaids Soft Chews (Vanilla flavored) work wonders for me!
    blitz_09

Answer by blitz_09 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2009