Defense Policies

How do you feel about Obamas defense policies? Are you for or against?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He's like a Frenchie.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 11:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Wow, gee, good thing that didn't sound hateful or ignorant.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• wow gee some are so damn offended by any and everything.People can't speak I guess nor be sarcastic or humorous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I don' t agree with any of their policies and I don't think "he" actually has any policies, he seems to only be interested in traveling here, yonder and there, as if he is in some popularity contest. He delegates everything to Nancy, she screws it up even more than it already was and he just signs whatever she comes up with!!! Nothing they do makes any sense to me... :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• When it comes to national defense issues, he is clueless. Thank God Petraeus is still around,or we would be defenseless. He lacks respect from our military personnell, that says it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• He has defense polices? Please post a link. Sounds pretty unlikely to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I don't agree with Obama's "judgement" on engaging in talks with the Taliban. I still haven't heard anything about the Military Families Advisory Board that Obama was going to create. I am not sure how he is going to deploy 17,000 troops, leave 50,000 troops and still promise Stop Loss will be ended completely. His "Civilian Assistance Corps" is vague. To me it appears to be a manipulation of Americans mindset to participate in federal government "community services". When professionals participate, they will most likely lose benefits and income.  I don't see how this will be productive in the long term.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think Obama will make some of the same decisions GWB made, once he sees the situation with all of the details. I think he is going to balance protecting the country and protecting the countries relationship and reputation with other countries. I agree with his policies on Aphganistan but strongly disagree with his decision to close GTMO.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 11:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• He has none. You can't talk your enemy to death. Right now we have 3 incidents no response, China surrounding our navy ship in international waters, N. Korea threatening with nuclear missile, Iran has components to build nuclear missile. No strategy.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009