Do you go to church when you or your family is sick?

We've missed the past couple weeks due to the kids having croup and then I had food poisoning. Some people were giving us a hard time about missing... that kids are sick all the time, so that's a bad excuse to miss. So, I'm wondering if you still go to church if the family or yourself is sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If your sick stay home and take care of everybody. Why expose everyone else to whatever you have. Besides God is everywhere, you can talk to hime at home.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• People give you a hard time? Really? I would think people would want your germs to stay at home! Lol... Hope you're all feeling better!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Going to church when you or your children are sick is rude. There's people there that don't have super strong immune systems (the elderly and other children and people with compromised immune systems).

The people giving you a hard time are being "holier than thou".

Have a devotional at home. When everyone is up to speed, then go back.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• That time of the year..people get sick. No.... Sinus and allergies I go. Unless and I'm just can't function. Listen if possible, with you and your husband taking turns go when possible. Hopefully the people were just kidding. If not, those are the people that would complain if you were there and sick...infecting and spreading your germs around. So, don't let it bother you. Rest up and Get everyone better!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Wow. What type of church do you go to that would bash you for staying home if your sick.
    Kinda upseting.. :(
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I haven't gone to church for a couple weeks now because the kids have been sick. I love going to church and I hate to miss, but when the kids are sick, I would never think of taking them. Not only because sick kids need to be kept home to rest, but also because it's so thoughtless to take your kids somewhere when they could pass their germs onto others. Usually my husband and I will switch off so we both get to go and I don't miss as much.
    Same for if one of us is sick. We stay home and get the rest we need and choose not to infect others. God doesn't expect you to compromise your health, the health of your children, or other people's health just to make sure you don't miss church. He gave us common sense & He understands.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• When my son or even me when we are sick we wont go to church I am not going to get every one sick . They understand where I go cause im sure they dont go when they are sick too. God knows whats going on in your life. Hey i even missed one time cause I had to go clean out my old apt I was on a dead line inspection was monday and it had to be cleaned since we moved out. Dont let church people get you down cause you missed as long as it doesnt become a habbit or doing it on purpose.
    Momma2James

Answer by Momma2James at 11:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• We don't go to Church when we're sick. It's more important to rest when you're sick. We watch the sermon on the internet in our bed! I wouldn't want a bunch of sick people around my family, so out of courtesy I'm not there when I'm sick. Sorry people are hassling you, people have a tendency to want to make others feel guilty
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Heck no. I never went, when I was going, if my children or myself were sick.
    Mom never had us go when we were sick as kids either. Thats rather rotten in my opinion and no church should berate you for doing so.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• if me my hubby or my daughter are sick we dont go to church.. why spread those nasty germs?? and for people to give you a hard time for missing church.. thats terrible.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2009