My poor baby.

My 2 year old is having nightmares. He keeps saying a "man is gonna get him" He hasn't watched any scary movies or anything and I don't think anyone has said anything to him but I don't know how he started having these. Any ideas or any way you know of to stop these dreams?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my seven year old was three he had nightmares about monsters. I got a water bottle with a sprayer and I filled it with water and a timy bit of glitter. I told him it was magical monster killer, and we would spray his room with it every night. I let him keep it with him when he went to bed just in case he needed to use it when I wasn't there. It worked really well the nightmares pretty much stopped.
    We also keep the hall light on for a nightlight that helps too.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My niece is doing this to she is three and a half. Its hard to tell what its about..All you can do is ask him. it may be something completely out there. Could be something from a cartoon. Just sit down and talk it out with him as much as you can with a two year old child. Reassure him mommy is there, if it keeps up talk to the ped.
    Anonymous

• He has a nighlight but its not helping and I asked him and he said the man was short but thats all he would say.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Try the spray thing. My son is seven and occasionaly he still uses it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I don't know if he would understand the spray thing. He's only 2. He might though. It won't kill us to try it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009