Do you think some moms on here put up a front?

I think some ppl answer the questions politically correct Not really what they are thinking. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I try to be honest, but I still think in my head as i write ok answer as honestly as you can, but with tact. I think that is the most important thing about being honest, don't be insulting, put some tact in there.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 12:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes and No... I answer all my questions honestly.. but sometimes i'll go anonymously. hehe
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Yes, the real honesty come from the anons, but people get upset with them too.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Only anonymous people are COMPLETELY honest. I love the Anonymous people:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with you. Usually, the most honest, brutal answers come from the anons- but why be anon IF you really feel strongly about what you're saying? I've never understood that!
    I don't "know" anyone here so I'm surely not going to say what is PC or what I think other's would say and do it anon. I am who I am and speak my mind.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think people sincerely watch what they say in order to avoid bashing and hatemail. I answer a few questions on here each day as honestly and kindly as possible and even I have received several "I hate you, you suck" emails from other cafemom members. I consider myself to be nice. I can't imagine what crap the people who are more blunt and straightforward recieve from people who can't handle the truth or other people's personalities lol. TOO MUCH gets read into what people post here on Cafemom. We tend to sum each other up based on a few sentences we see each other post here and there and then the bashing commenses! People avoid being honest and "real" because of the plain fact: no one here can handle "REAL." Everyone is too busy being offended, getting their panties in a knot and typing hormonal hate messages to people they don't like boohoo. Go Anons! lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Brenda, I go anon sometimes on controversial issues because I don't want someone to automatically cast a stigma on me because I disagree with them on one post. For example, if I saw I'm pro-choice, I don't want someone to judge all the rest of my opinions on me being a "baby killer" if they're pro-life. It really depends on the topic. I don't know anyone here and they don't know me... but there are some people on here, I will admit, that I simply try to ignore because their posts are always one-sided and one-track.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have found that I choose to post anon because I hate the thought of someone flaming or bashing me for disagreeing. There seems to be a lot of people on the other side of the fence from where I sit and sometimes I feel intimidated
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• why be anon IF you really feel strongly about what you're saying? I've never understood that!
    -------------
    You've obviously never received harrassing CM hatemail from when you gave an answer someone didn't like if you're asking that question lol. Being Anon lets you be honest without someone boohooing in your inbox later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I was amazed at how I stuck to my promise of posting my answers "unanonymously" yesterday and the days before with the fear of getting bashed...I never got bashed! But who knows, I may get PO'd enought to have to post anon.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2009