does/did anyone on here have one of those cribs with a changing table/dresser attached to it?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10603523#Features+%26+Specifications

that is a link to the one I want to get so you can all see what Im talking about.
If you have had one or do, what did you think? We are tight on space, but dont want to waste money either, so what did you think? Are they good quality?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 12:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• does it really save space? I was really tight on space , we covered a dressser witha special foam pad and found my self just changing anywhere anyway. but it sure looked cute! But in 2 years you will need to buy a bed AND a dresser!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• the dresser comes off of it, and turns into a night stand and the crib converts into a full size bed
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• the crib converts to a toddler bed, so in a few years youll have to buy another one either way. I looked at the website and it doesnt look to me like the dresser would last much past the toddler years either, it just looks really small. Personally I never used the changing table we had. If you are looking to save money im not sure that this is the way to go but thats JMO.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• if you like it, then get it.. :) its really cute!
    BUT I will say- a changing table ISNT A MUST & it wont get used as often as you think. I simply kept a diaper bag beside our couch & changed dd diaper on the couch with a towel under her- as a tired new mom the last thing i wanted to do was get up to change a diaper if I didnt have to.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• DD has a similar crib and I love it. We got it because we liked it, not to save space - which is good because it really wouldn't have saved a lot. But, the changing tables on the ones like this usually run smaller than the standard so you'll have a hard time finding pads and covers that fit. I use receiving blankets to cushion mine. And I have to disagree with some other posters. The changing table is the one thing I wish I would have had for my first child and I love the convenience of it.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2009