• In the Spotlight:

Just put her down...

I just put my 10 month old down in her crib. Presently, she is screaming her head off. I need her to sleep in her own bed, and nothing has worked. She won't be rocked to sleep, walked to sleep, patted to sleep... I've tried so hard to be a "nice mommy" about it. But she won't sleep unless she's in my bed and that is not working for us. So I'm at my last resort and trying to let her put herself to sleep, but she just keeps crying and crying.... What do I do? She's making ME cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd was doing the same thing. I just let her cry it out. She won't be traumatized!!!! If anything she'll be more independent.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 12:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Can you let her go to sleep inyour bed then transfer her???you don't want her to be traumatized..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• let her fall asleep in your bed and then put her in hers.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• wow...same answer at same time:)
    calliesmommie

• must be a good one lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Go pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" in the morning.

But know that she's NORMAL. It's actually not "normal" to have an infant or young toddler sleeping isolated from mom. We're still programmed to be Cave People, and Cave Baby stayed with Cave Mom.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We've been trying that. She just wakes up after being in her bed for a few minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My son was the same way. I'm not much for CIO. I'd let him fall asleep in my bed and then move him to his, then he'd wake up and we'd start over. Yes, it is exhausting but eventually he started sleeping for longer periods of time.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Mine is doing the same thing. I'm all for the CIO method but I also LOVE the No cry sleep solution. I have the book and LOVE it so far. The CIO method just isnt something that will work for us right now so I'm trying it all and it's worked the best so far
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Did you ever think maybe her matteress is uncomfortable. Maybe she is much more comfortable on yours. My son hated his crib bc the mattress was horrible (my FIL bought it).
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 4:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2009