What is a good affordable insurance for my family with our own business?

My hubby and I have our own business. We don't have insurance at this time and usually just pay up front for medical bills. We are TTC in April but want to get insurance first. Does anyone have good affordable insurance for a small family who doesn't go to the doctor offten?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• This is what I do for a living, underwrite health insurance applications for individual policies for blue cross blue shield. There are so many different plan options available right now, and each state is different so I would start by googling blue cross blue shield of your state. You should be able to get quotes online and do plan comparisons. Maternity plans are usually more expensive, but since you know ahead of time that your are ttc, maybe try a higher deductible plan and start putting that money back in a savings. Then you will be prepared. I wish i could give you ballpark figures, but i have seem premiums vary from $300 for a family to $900. So it all depends on everyones health and the plan and deductibles chosen. But get some online quotes and check out their available plans. And with a future pregancy on they way, I would advise against something like Ameriplan. You don't want to end up with a 100K NICU bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2009