Do you ever spend quality time with a sibling?

My brother and I have always been very close and have the same interests, but back when he met his GF he went as far as to stop speaking to the family for 3 yrs. 3 years ago we reunited and still have the same things in common and love to hang out. Today GF left to get her nails done and so on and she told him (to my surprise) go hang out with your sister. We had a great time surfing the net for things we remember from our youth and having a few beers. Have you lost or do you still have that bond?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I am 27 and my sister is almost 16. I try to make an effort to text her every few days and invite her over just to spend the night and hang out with me and my girls. I didn't grow up close with my family and now that I'm older that has just become very important to me. Of course I have 8 siblings, 2 of which I've never even met yet. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My sister and I definitely have a bond, but she lives about 10 hours away:( We met in Mexico last month and had the best time-we went to the spa, the club on the resort, we hung out on the beach, etc. I don't think we will ever lose our bond, just wish we could spend more time together:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's funny you ask this. My younger sister came over today and hung out. She played with my girls until they went to bed and then we came upstairs and played wii together. We looked at stuff online and laughed. It was great.
    iammytwinsmom

Answer by iammytwinsmom at 12:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• LOL, am I the only one with 3 sisters and is only close to the brother? We just have the same dorky sense of humor, we like to have drinks and laugh our butts off. We appreciate music but he is obsessed with looking up, documenting, researching crap that I was done listening to years ago. I just think it's great you ladies have sisters that are close.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My SIL just flew across the country to see hubby and me, so they definitely do. I was never too close with my brothers.Sometimes I talk to my one bro on Skype, and he's hoping to come out and visit with my parents this Spring, so we're still a little close I suppose.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I envy sibling bonds. I was the afterthought of my moms 2nd marriage. Her first marriage she had my bro and sis. By the time I came along, bro was almost 13 and sis just turned 8. My mom "used" my sister as a babysitter even when she would have rather been out doing her own thing. Sadly, this caused resentment toward me growing up, and broke apart any closeness we would have had as adults. My sister never let go of her bitterness at being another parent to me, but, she took it out on me. Consequently, that's why I purposely wanted 2 kids very close in age and being just 2 grade years apart in school, they really are each other's best friends and will have the same memories from growing up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes. My husband and I separately spend time with each girl doing what they like to do that we enjoy, as well. Then I'll do things with them all as a "girly time" and he'll do something with them as a special "father-daughters" time. Then we spend times together as family. We all love it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Only when he comes back home, he is station in Japan in the United States Air Force! I miss my favorite little butt head, thank god for myspace, LOL!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2009