Did you know?

All that I know is that Arizona NEVER changes thier clocks? This is in response to a question that was closed way too quick. I think because they are in the Central time area. Changing the clocks has everything to do with the sunlight, so someone educate me more?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did know that and I'm so jealous!!! Switching the time around makes me so confused...my body just doesn't react well with it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's all confusing. Arizona and like one other state doesn't change. We do (Oklahoma) and we are in central time. It makes no sense to me!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• arizona, hawaii and puerto rico do not change their clocks. it was left up to individual states to participate or not. indiana did not until 2006.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Anon! This is a question about the time change! DANG! lol I thought I had asked something scandelous. Anyway, I hate the Spring forward because I, GIGI1969 lose an hour of sleep and that is not a good thing. BTW, Didi I walk into somethig going on?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No Gigi you didn't "walk into something" You're cool:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I wish a mom could explain to me how other states function without doing the time change. I mean doesn't too much darkness effect driving (accidents), walking to school in the dark and working hours etc.?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Right now it gets dark around 5:30pm so I look forward to the time change. There aren't anymore accidents than when it gets dark around 9:30pm. The only hard part is the lack of sunshine and natural light brings some down, but doesn't every state have this problem?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• gigi: even states that do change time have those problems, kids walking to school in the dark, getting dark before people are home from work...etc. i dont really think it would be that much different.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• True Chandra, I guess it depends on which state you live in. I am in California and the time change makes a big difference to us.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2009